Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Norman's Pastel Pencils

Made in France Pastel Pencils~Conte' a' Paris
They belonged to Norman, my friend Priscilla's
late husband.  He was an artist, not a famous
artist, just a man that used various mediums
to create beautiful images on canvas.  His art
is displayed throughout my friend's  home, serving
as reminder of the love of her life. Admirers of
his paintings,  are pleased to find many have a story.
Hearing them, speaks loudly of the
faith, the character and gentleness of the artist.
I felt honored when Priscilla gave me Norman's
pastel pencils.  I've placed them on my desk,
along side my water color pencils and brushes.
Maybe one day I'll feel confident enough to
use them.  Until then,  I'll keep them
within sight, as reminder of Norman, a
sweet man that made real pretty pictures.
Have a blessed day......Dee Dee