Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Holiday Apron

I'm wearing my "holiday apron" today.......
 a well thought out purchase, I might add.
Beginning around Thanksgiving, I
find  myself in the kitchen, a lot.
Our annual church Thanksgiving meal,
held this evening, 
has me busy preparing 
granny smith apples and other
good foods to share.
The apples look and taste so good......
and, have the cottage smelling delicious. 
While wearing this festive apron,
protection over my clothes,
I've thought that perhaps the
ritual has become more of a
continuity of tradition than anything.
I still have cherished and  sweet
memories of
my grandmother's voice...
"Let's put an apron on you Dee Dee,
don't want to mess up your
pretty dress."
-
This way of preparing  apples, a wonderful
compliment to pork or ham....choice meats
for our Church Thanksgiving meal tonight.
While leaving most of the peelings on,
I'll fry the apples with butter, cinnamon, raisens
white and brown sugar.
They are mighty good.....I'm
thinking just maybe even a little better
than usual, considering I'm 
wearing my "Holiday Apron"......
Are you having a thankful week? I am.....
Blessings.....Dee Dee