Thursday, November 3, 2011

On Display At The Library




History buff that I am, you can imagine
how it pleased me to find these bits of
historical articles on display at our local
library recently. Shown here are just
a few, of many. Of course the obvious,
porcelain colonial doll
 caught my attention originally.
Taking a closer look,
 the Mister and I found it all
very interesting.  I can tell you,
we lingered there for quite some time, 
examining everything, and
reading every little detail. 
I found the wig curlers fascinating.  I had
wondered, why in the world would
men wear such hideous white wigs,
and how annoying it must have been
to keep them washed and styled.
Take a closer look,  read, and find how
wig wearing originated...strange that
it began in France and eventually 
brought to the colonies. "What could
these men have been thinking?"
  I do so appreciate our library and folks in
our community involved in the display.
I walked  away with a healthy respect for
these great men mentioned.
Not without peculiarities, and imperfections,
 they were  God fearing men of vision that
were willing to put forth the effort required
to make our country great. 

I am fervant in my prayers that God
will give us these same kinds of men as
leaders, once again. We cannot afford
to take our freedom for granted.
Walk in His care.....Dee Dee