Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm Walking Along Side

I visited the Family Christian Bookstore yesterday. 
We all have them, family and
friends in the valleys of severe  illness,
 coping with devastating sadness.
Sometimes they are so overcome with grief
they can barely cope.
Such is the case for one very special person in my life.
She is a dear sister in Christ.
  I heard her say the words
"I no longer know what to say to God."
She is completely overcome with
grief, worry and sadness.
It is now she needs me to walk along side her, lifting
her up in prayer daily, and I will. 
 Her daughter, a beautiful young woman,
mother of three, teacher and wife has
been given one month to live, unless
God intervenes with the use of modern medicine.
Odd that I'm thinking now of Paul,
and how he kept close to the first
churches and early Christians as
encourager. They needed him, they 
needed his assurance. 
So, with that in mind,
I'm keeping close to my friend,
searching the Scriptures for words of
encouragement straight from God.
I can tell her...
God answers prayer..."Do not be anxious about
anything but in everything by prayer, present
your request to God."  Phillippians 4:6
"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
~Hebrews l3:5
Do not fear for I AM with you. Do not
be dismayed for I AM your God.
I will STRENGTHEN you and HELP you: I will
uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 4l:l0
-
What a gift that He cares about everything that
happens to us, every step of the way, and
know that He is in control of every situation.
Blessings my dearest friend.....
and to other readers that need these words.......Dee Dee