Monday, November 7, 2011

Enjoying Quiet Time

Of late, I've enjoyed the quiet much
more than ever before. At some point, I realized
I had become so conditioned to noise from radio,
computer and television, that I no longer allowed
my own self-generated thoughts to occupy the space
of my conscience.. My good thoughts
and creative thoughts were being severely depressed.
I had noticed,  that upon awakening in the mornings,
while still lying in bed, that my mind would
wonder about all sorts of good things. In the quiet I 
made plans and came up with all sorts of creative ideas.
Then.....my day began... 
Old habits are hard to break, and mid breakfast time,
would find  the Mister and I complaining
about the world situation,  and other bad news,
as we watched the morning news on television.
The world in turmoil was brought into our
home and the stressful noises occupied our thoughts.
We were being controlled and manipulated by certain networks,
to draw conclusions and think certain ways.....
that were actually contrary to our own.
Our  thoughts, were no longer happy, but worrisome,
until we turned the noise OFF!
These days, we are
 extremely selective in the noise we  hear....is it worth giving
it "mind space?"
Not only is this new routine  having a soothing effect on me,
but now I am able to hear myself think,
which is a very  a good thing.
I might  even go so far as to say,
life has taken on new meaning, in some respects.
Enjoying quiet thoughtful time.......Dee Dee