Monday, November 14, 2011

A Reader or Not, That Is The Question

Seen, in  section of
my ever-growing
collection of found
rare books , new books
and old favorites.
These are
purposely placed between
interesting book-ends
to draw the curious eye.
 My intentions
completely, considering the
young readers in my life.
Likable books from my past
are there....
Uncle Wiggily the long eared
rabbit that walks with a cane
still makes my heart happy
recalling his stories.
I go to the Hiding Place
Corrie Ten Boom's
story at least once a year.
If you haven't read this,
please do so.  It will bless you
in a mighty way.
Northanger Abbey
by Jane Austen, truly a
found treasure. My bookshelves
have many beloved Austen books.
Feeling a little melancholy here,
having made a decision I've
come to regret.

Looking over my prideful
collection of books, has perhaps
made me reconsider
a Christmas present request....
 a "Reader".....of some sort.
Do I really want one of these?


Am I ready to make such a drastic change?
Yesterday I purchased these.
The John Adams book, oh my.....looks and
feels so good in my hands.  I like
turning the pages and I adore the
smell of a new book. At some point, I'll
appreciate  how it looks on my bookshelf.
Hmmm.....A Reader or not, that is the question.
-
Have a blessed day....Dee Dee