Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Impulse Shopping"

 I was on a direct
 mission, when entering the store. 
 I needed  a red jacket
to wear with a fancy black Christmas skirt.
Bummer....no luck here either,
so, why waste the trip, right?
I had promised  myself  to wait until  afterThanksgiving
to look  at Christmas decorations......but the
temptation in this place  was overwhelming. The store
was chocked full of Christmas delights.
Self ignored that request when I found
 these pretty Christmas dishes.
"Could I use them for holiday desert and coffee?....Yes!"
 I immediately thought of at least two or
three occasions during the holidays when I could use them. 
 I loved the red cardinals and poinsettias, and
they would look real nice on my green tablecloth
 or better yet, on the white one.
Quick as a flash, into the shopping cart they went!
Later at home, I told the  Mister of my plans and
how I "needed" the Christmas dishes.
I saw that look on his face,
and  began to have that 
little twinge of guilt.
 I had been guilty of
 " impulse shopping" alright.
My purchase had been unplanned, hasty
and perhaps a little thoughtless.  I should
have taken a few deep breaths, walked away
for a few moments and  reconsidered.
Guilty as charged, I suppose,
but they're so dog-gone pretty,
 I'm keeping them!!!!
Have a blessed weekend....Dee Dee